Menubar

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

An Ode to Purple



Purple has been my favourite colour ever since I have known colours. Friends often ask me why I haven't made anything in my favourite colour. I have quite a few skeins of yarn in shades of purple but I always felt that I should use it only for something special. And then this pattern came along. So elegant,so pretty... and my purple stash called out to me.



Back Detailing

Sage Blouse is a top down pattern without any seams. It uses a very interesting lace pattern called the Moorish lace which is optional for the back. One can work plain stockinette but I chose to work the pattern on the back as well. For this project I used Laura knitting cotton yarn and 4mm needles.

And if you, like me, love purple here's some interesting purple trivia

5 comments:

  1. The top looks absolutely marvelous on you..and, I love the color you've chosen. Great work,Suma..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely! The colour choice is so perfect for this pattern and a perfect fit! Well done again, Suma! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Josie and Sanhita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top is beautiful... Where is this pattern from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abirami! The pattern is from Ravelry. The name of the pattern (Sage blouse) in the post above is linked to the pattern.

      Delete