Menubar

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Orange Roasted Strawberry And Chocolate Milk Rolls



I've made Deeba's roasted balsamic strawberries many times this year. G loves it a lot. He has it on toast or on its own. Strawberries were comparatively cheaper than the past years here in Bangalore. This recipe - Sweet Orange, Roasted Strawberry & Chocolate Buttermilk Rolls has been on my mind ever since I saw it on Deeba's blog . As the strawberry season draws to a close I decided that it was time I made these rolls.

They turned out soft gooey, buttery, chocolately...everything that makes your heart sing. I added milk as per the Ree Drummond's (aka The Pioneer Woman) original recipe from her book The Pioneer Woman Cooks – Food From My Frontier.

 I'm not a big fan of marmalade. My sister suggested I substitute it with honey. It worked. The rolling part was most difficult for me. I used parchment paper to roll the dough. It helped but the filling did ooze out. But I'm not complaining. The rolls tasted just divine.

Rolls ready to go into the oven


Since I do not have a traditional oven and use the convection mode of my microwave oven these rolls were not as brown as in the pictures of the original recipe. They were cooked but I guess browning requires a bit of higher temperature in the beginning.

Do give these rolls a try. I'll definitely be making them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment